SINK is open for submissions from now until the 15th December. Submissions will be featured in our third issue on the theme of 'Rest.'
NOTES ON THE THEME COMING SOON...
ABOUT THE MAGAZINE:
SINK is a creative and literary leftist magazine open to submissions of any kind, including cross-genre submissions. Our primary goal is to curate work from underrepresented people from the north of England, with particular emphasis on work from people of colour, people who are genderqueer/LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, survivors of sexual violence, and working class creatives.
Currently, SINK only publishes short stories, flash fiction, essays poetry, art (including photography) etc by creatives from the North of England, meaning anyone who has spent a significant amount of time in the North from living, studying, working etc.
We take submissions for our themed issues during specific submission windows. Our blog takes submissions at any time.
1. Writing can be in any form from articles, to personal essays, to short stories, flash fiction, and hybrid pieces, but no more than 3000 words. Poems should be no longer than 2 pages, but multiple poems may be submitted. Any art submissions must be sent in high resolution PDF or JPEG format.
2. Please send all submissions to our email or submission box (displayed below) with the subject line SUBMISSION (Issue 4).
3. We are a political and Northern magazine. Please keep this in mind when submitting. We do not require submissions to be political in content or to refer explicitly to the North of England but it is something to remember.
4. Please submit your work with a short bio and your social media handles if you want us to tag you when we promote the issue and your work in it. If you would rather not be on our social media, please let us know in your initial submissions email too (needless to say, this will NOT affect your chances of being featured!)
5. Do NOT send us work that is misogynistic, racist, homophobic, transphobic or discriminatory in nature. You will be blocked from submitting again. If you are unsure, do not send it to us.
6. To re-iterate, we are open to and even keen to feature genre-defying work. Send us whatever you have, the more unconventional the better!
Either send in your submission to the form below or email us using the address email@example.com. We look forward to working with you!